I’ve neglected this blog again. I shall do a quick update of what I’ve been up to before heading towards my main points!
- Finished filming with the second years on their feature film. It was a very interesting experience. The wrap party was also fun.
- I’m trying to become a little bit more social. Baby steps.
- Partook in the Holi festival which was really fun. I walked into a parked car later that night and managed to get a big shiny bruise on my knee.
- We switched groups in school again. These groups are now permanent and I am now in the two year group 🙂
- We have two new students in our course.
- People don’t believe in A/C here.
- Allergies are fucking hell.
- Enjoyed the annual Festival of Culture.
- Had a wonderful vacation to Budapest and Vienna with my roommate. We hit a ton of hotspots in 4 days.
- The Arctic Monkeys concert had too many openings bands and lasted way too long because of it (4:30pm-10:45pm).
We are currently doing a documentary module. We didn’t have a lot of time to plan so I was very unenthusiastic about it. I had NO ideas whatsoever until in a moment of frustration over my allergies, I realized I should talk about bees. Yes, bees. I’m actually really excited for it right now! I was asked by Reinhard if I would be willing to fly to Austria this weekend to help with sound on his documentary because no one in his class had time. Luckily I have time so I agreed. He then told me that he knows many beekeepers in his area so I should extend my trip and do my documentary there. I will be there for a whole week this time! I’m really excited to work on both documentaries!
I will also be participating in an event called the Landscape Festival. It will take place over two weeks (one of the weeks is our next holiday) and we will be paired with random people to write, direct, film and edit a film in two weeks. I’m nervous and excited but I think it’s good to start stepping out of my comfort zone. There’s also 3 film contests that I will be working on with some friends.
I’ve been feeling extremely restless lately. I want to do so many things but I have no time or money. I really should work on losing some weight. I’ve lost some because I don’t have much of an appetite nowadays due to the heat but I think that is not a good way to go about it. Either way, I need to start stepping up and getting things done because people are starting to acknowledge my hard work and I need to take that as a cue to work even harder.